On Saturday, February 8, 2025, angry parents stormed Nyakianga Primary School in Murang’a County and chased away the principal. They were protesting after learning that a Grade Seven boy had been sexually abusing and bullying other students.
The parents were furious because the children had reported the matter to the school principal, but he did nothing to stop it.
The situation became chaotic, and police officers had to come to the school. They protected both the principal and the accused student, as the parents wanted to attack them. Officers quickly removed them from the school to prevent harm.
Victims Speak Out
Parents and victims shared shocking details about what the boy had been doing to his classmates.
According to reports, the boy would lure victims into empty classrooms when teachers and students were busy. He would then force them to undress and take naked photos of them.
The victims also said that the boy carried a knife and used it to threaten them. He told them he would hurt them if they reported him.
Some students said he demanded money, cooking oil, and sugar from them. If they refused, he would beat them or use the knife to scare them.
Despite many students reporting the abuse, the principal ignored their complaints. This is why the parents were so angry and decided to take action themselves.
Parents Lose Trust in School
One parent accused the principal and his wife of behaving badly in front of students. She believed the boy copied their actions and that they were a bad influence.
“The principal and his wife should never come back to this school. They are the ones who taught this child such behavior,” the parent said.
Education officials and police officers tried to calm the situation and asked parents to let children return to school on Monday.
Mathioya Education Officer Gabriel Kinoru promised to report the case to his seniors and take action.
However, parents refused, saying they had lost trust in the school leadership.
Police Arrest the Boy
After an investigation, police arrested the Grade Seven boy and took him to Nyakianga Police Station. He is currently in custody as he awaits his court hearing.
During the arrest, officers also found the knife he used to threaten his victims and the mobile phone where he stored the inappropriate pictures. These items will be used as evidence in court.
The boy is expected to appear before Kangema Law Courts on Monday, February 10, 2025, where he will face charges related to sexual assault, bullying, and threats of violence.
Community Demands Justice
Many parents and community members are calling for strict action against both the boy and the school principal. They say the safety of their children is their biggest concern.
“We need the government to take this case seriously. Our children have suffered, and we do not feel safe sending them back to this school,” one parent said.
Others demanded that the principal be investigated to find out if he had any role in covering up the abuse.
Local education officials promised to review the matter and take appropriate action to ensure that such incidents do not happen again.
School Remains Closed
Despite efforts by education officers to convince parents to bring their children back, they refused, saying they would only allow them to return once they were sure the school was safe.
Meanwhile, the Ministry of Education has said it will send a team to investigate the school’s administration and ensure justice for the affected students.
The case has shocked many in the area, with parents calling for stricter security measures in schools to protect their children.
The police have urged anyone with more information about the case to come forward and assist with the investigation.
Angry Parents Chase Away Principal Over Defilement Case
By -
Sunday, February 09, 2025
0
Tags:
Post a Comment
0Comments